Last month, Larry David quietly put together an improv-based comic movie that would see him starring for director Greg Mottola; now Roger Friedman has reported that Jon Hamm is close to signing onto the film as David’s nemesis.
Chris Colfer's 'Stuck By Lightning' Lands Tribeca Film Distribution, To Be Released Late 2012
Tribeca Film announced today that it has acquired U.S. rights to “Glee” star Chris Colfer’s film debut, the high school comedy Struck By Lightning. In addition to starring in the movie, Colfer also wrote the screenplay for the film, which had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival and was met with a standing ovation. Directed with awareness and exuberance by Brian Dannelly (Saved!), the highly anticipated film also stars Allison Janney, Polly Bergen, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland and Angela Kinsey.
Tribeca Film plans a late 2012 theatrical release day and date with on-demand platforms where it will be available in 40+ million homes through a variety of video-on-demand offerings, in addition to iTunes, Amazon Watch Instantly, VUDU, Xbox and Samsung Media Hub.
So great. Good on Vulture for listening to him and publishing the full, annotated version.
1. If I were DJ’n Jimmy Fallon’s Yacht Rock Party: “Route 101” by Herb Alpert. (Every August we get our smooth on. It’s going on our third year, one of my best parties ever.)
2. If I were DJ’n Brian Williams Clam Bake: “Wind Chimes (Version 2 Tag)” by the Beach Boys. (No one tries to “out obscure song reference” you like B Willie, even if said jam is a bunch of studio jabber … He’d call me out if I didn’t play the mono version.)
3. If I were DJ’n Amber Tamblyn’s wedding reception: “I Gotta Chick” by Tyrese featuring R. Kelly and Rick Ross. (Because it’s only right.)
4. If I were DJ’n Aziz Ansari’s rooftop ‘que: “Spend It (Riding Round & Getting It)” by 2 Chainz. (Lactose punch lines are the in thing this year.)
5. If I were DJ’n Penn Badgley and Zoe Kravitz’s Williamsburg backyard potluck: “Occapella” by Lee Dorsey. (It’s mostly 1972 with these guys.)
6. If I were DJ’n Prince’s vegan-only after-party: “The Engine in Me” by Graham Central Station. (Good bass work gets his motor running.)
7. If I were DJ’n the Fela Returns to Broadway (did I just leak an exclusive?!?!) preshow BBQ/postshow/after-party: “Beast of No Nation.” (Fela’s last and greatest groove … Throws ‘em off every time I spin it, like “how’d we forget THIS ONE!?!?!”)
8. If I were DJ’n Mick Jagger and L’ren Scott’s evening ‘que: “I Don’t Know Why” by Delroy Wilson. (Riddems riddems roots all night long.)
9. If I were DJ’n Oprah’s Fish Fry: “Rock Creek Park” by the Blackbyrds. (This is my version of giving her a free car. If I was given a half-hour more, I swear her and Gayle would be re-creating the subway Bboy battle scene from Beat Street.)
10. If I were DJ’n Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Garden Party: “Beware” by Louis Jordan. (Jazz with a financial cautionary tale on the side.)
10a. If I were DJ’n Mayor Michael Nutter’s Jam? (Remember, I did start out a Philadelphian): “Rapper’s Delight.” (Trust me, Nutter’s true calling is being an MC; check YouTube for the one and only Mike Q.S.T. performance of this song.)
11. If I were DJ’n Andy Samberg’s Summer Jammy Jam: “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel. (Don’t let that digital short bravado fool you, he knows video choreography like the back of his hand.)
12. If I were DJ’n Drake’s BBQ, I’d rock Drake for all five hours out of fear that he’d walk out on me again for not playing his music.
13. If I were DJ’n Amy Poehler’s UCBbque, I’d spin “Summer Nights” by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. (Because come on now … who can resist a chance to re-create this scene if played in public?)
14. If I were DJ’n Janet Jackson’s beachfront party, I’d play my versions of her brother’s Off the Wall album just so I can watch the slow, “Wait … how’d he get this?!?!?” look she slowly gets anytime I play ‘em.
15. If I were DJ’n for my girlfriend and her best friends, I’d just let ‘em take over the turntables, ‘cause I gotta deal with this woman every day.
Exclusive: Alamo Drafthouse Potentially Coming to Yonkers, New York
The popular, high-end Austin movie theater chain has been eyeing an expansion for quite some time. Just two months ago, news broke of a new location coming to NYC’s Upper West Side.
Now thanks to some vigilant Craigslist watching, it appears another location will be opening up in New York’s Yonkers suburb. The job listing, created on June 12th, states that the company is currently looking for managers to run its new theater.
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is a movie watching experience unlike any other and we’re coming to Yonkers! We’re the best at what we do because we hire the best people in the business, and we want YOU to help lead our team.
Obviously, anyone can make a Craiglist ad, and there hasn’t been an official announcement from the Drafthouse, but if it’s true, New York-area movie going is about to get a whole lot classier.