AM NY is reporting that mega-producer Scott Rudin is contemplating packing up The Book of Mormon and transferring it from Jujamcyn’s Eugene O’Neill Theater to perhaps a Shubert theater.
Last week, Rudin pulled out of producing Clybourne Park leaving Jujamncyn chair Jordan Roth with no other option than to step in. This didn’t make Rudin too happy and thus he is threatening to rip Mormon out of Jujamcyn “merely out of spite.”
Editorial note: At this point it would make sense for Rudin to move Mormon to a larger theater to sell more tickets so despite the drama AM NY is swirling this could have more motivation than just spite.
- dekanj likes this
- half-remembered-saints likes this
- karliecol reblogged this from tumbleroar and added:
- tumbleroar reblogged this from karliecol and added:
- mycelloisblack reblogged this from popculturebrain and added:
- learningtoricochet reblogged this from thesecondmrsdewinter and added:
- thesecondmrsdewinter reblogged this from popculturebrain and added:
- raven-puffle likes this
- coldasaslab reblogged this from popculturebrain and added:
- popculturebrain posted this