And now the story of a ‘Simpsons’ proposal …
His Simpson’s Proposal.
This is the first time I’m seeing all the little details and references he made, and yes it made me cry all over again. He’s a big nerd and I love him for it.
The Simpsons: Season 3 Episode 12 “I Married Marge”
The moment I knew I would propose to her this image popped into my head
Liezl and I met because of our shared interest in comedy nerdery. I would have to incorporate the Simpsons into my plan. Liezl and I both know what it is like to have Simpson Tapes, VHS. And to wear those tapes out.
I picked up a copy of Season 3 on DVD at the used record store. After reviewing the episode, 312 (my area code), I came up with more ideas that connected this trip to the show.
First up was to go Putt Putt. Homer worked at a miniature golf course when Marge and him were out of high school.
This was Saturday, I was planning to propose on Monday, our 2 year anniversary.
These references are not supposed to be in order and the end is a mash up (for the nerds).
No little Bart was made in the castle, couldn’t go that exact sorry.
“Yeah pose like that, why? No reason…”
“Yeah play that Simpsons game, why? no reason…”
We also managed to find Xtapolapocetl.
Monday we got coffee and Danish and went to the first Imax showing of the Dark Knight Rises. As we came out of the scene I turned on my camera phone and….
I had told her that I wanted us to get our picture taken at sunset at an overlook we had been to before. This is where I had planned to pop the question either while we were taking pictures or ala exactly like Homer and in the car as so.
It ended up being as dark as that picture above by the time we got to the overlook and we only had a short time to take photos. They came out great and we raced back to the car.
(Note: I am dressed like Homer)
As we get back to the parking lot we see a Park Cop giving us a ticket. I did not put the money in the box before we left to take pictures. I figured if I did the Park Cop would come out then and tell us to leave and I would be out $6. Instead I’m out $72. I couldn’t even get mad because I was trying to figure out what to do next.
We had dinner reservations we needed to get to and I figured we could park near the restaurant so I could propose in the car before we went in. I was not concerned with looking cheap and not wanting to spring for the valet this particular night and Liezl took the words out of my brain when she offered to look for close parking.
It wasn’t a scenic overlook but I didn’t care, the perfect view was right in front of me. I pretended to find this note card in her car and asked her to read it.
My love began to cry and I pulled out my ring box I had tucked in my sock since before we began taking pictures.
This was the contents…
I combined the actual proposal with when Marge finds Homer working at the Gulp N Blow because he has ran away to become a man. Marge has had her ring repossessed and doesn’t care Homer can’t afford one and any ole ring will do.
I popped the top on the box …
“What is that?”
“It’s an onion ring”
“Why are you giving me an onion ring?”
Fair question. But she answered mine of “Will you marry me?” with a
Of Course I will
She asked if she could eat and I said no that’s my job. I then proceeded to pop that sucker in my mouth and she said gross.
I then presented the real ring.
Vintage and art deco, things she had mentioned in the past I locked up in the ole memory bank.
Mr. Burns playing Ms. Pacman inspired this drawing to go along with a Pacman themed drawing I did for Liezl shortly after we started dating.
Always think @Arbys
This was to make me laugh
And the next day we got her ring sized to the perfect fit
I am the luckiest guy in the world to have met my soul mate. I love you pretty lady.
- rupicabra likes this
- willwork4theatre likes this
- sarahsmilesawhile likes this
- epoch-omega likes this
- g1rlwh01sh0t likes this
- nerdyshenanigans reblogged this from liezlwashere
- rustypipes-and-tigerstripes reblogged this from liezlwashere
- juanitoman123 reblogged this from popculturebrain
- flaminghomer likes this
- tinyknickers likes this
- jrabbit85 likes this
- hipster-miniskirts likes this
- ramensaucexd reblogged this from bringmetheheadofjosephgarcia
- soandyway likes this
- stayathomedadcast likes this
- rachelcaved likes this
- oceanaroll reblogged this from paulftompkins and added:
- garbagewhore likes this
- edclews likes this
- valerieflewoverthecuckoosnest reblogged this from zuppadivetro
- vaaahlerie likes this
- funnysmellsismelled likes this
- zuppadivetro reblogged this from lospaziobianco and added:
- zuppadivetro likes this
- lospaziobianco reblogged this from popculturebrain and added:
- lospaziobianco likes this
- ifonefallsdown likes this
- teriyakinight reblogged this from popculturebrain
- notesandnoises reblogged this from popculturebrain and added:
- seachelleee likes this
- speakerforthetrees likes this
- cordyla likes this
- pantsoffdance likes this
- gingermeansimbetterthanyou reblogged this from paulftompkins
- buddypeace likes this
- kandycedk likes this
- thecanetrain likes this
- trinitran likes this
- thickfilipinochick reblogged this from joggingmymemory
- plafpro likes this
- lolcalnews likes this
- fleeperzonk likes this
- luvst0ned likes this
- cathyselden likes this
- nefariousconspiracy reblogged this from popculturebrain
- hannland reblogged this from paulftompkins
- maryan-morgendorffer likes this
- hollyjbarber likes this
- bringmetheheadofjosephgarcia reblogged this from paulftompkins