Theatrical Trailer: American Reunion | ComingSoon
The New ‘American Reunion’ Poster Is A Photshopped Mess
It’s commendable that the new ‘American Reunion’ poster pays homage to the first ‘American Pie’ poster, but that still doesn’t save this poster from being an absolute mess. A few things about this poster.
- Why is Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas) looking at Jim like he wants to be inside him.
- Oz (Chris Klein) is also giving Jim the very same look but from a really awkward angle.
- Remember when Natasha Lyonne was cracked-out of her mind and molested someone’s dog. Yeah, well She doesn’t look like herself anymore. Some might remember her from an episode of ‘New Girl’ earlier this season where she looked super rough. Kind of like herself but wearing a Natasha Lyonne sweaty fat suit.
- That isn’t Tara Reid circa 2011, because she hasn’t looked that cleaned up since 2001.
- Where is Tara Reid even coming from? She looks like she belongs on an entirely different movie poster
- What is Eddie Kay eThomas doing? (he’s staring into the void that is Sean William Scott’s perfect toothy smile).
- Chris Klien tiny cocaine eyes.
- Was anyone really demanding this movie?
- There’s sooo much terrible photoshop going on here.
New Trailer: American Reunion | Moviefone
(Red Band) Trailer: American Reunion - April 6
Different decade, same shenanigans. Personally, the gross out sex humor of the originals was second to they’re heart. These gags are funny but something’s off, maybe it’s the audio mix or the editing. Can’t put my finger on it. Pun intended.
(via Film School Rejects)
anfscu replied to your video: Teaser Trailer: American Reunion - April 6, 2012 …
I don’t disagree, but I really think they’re banking on people having fond memories of THEMSELVES when they first encountered these characters.
Teaser Trailer: American Reunion - April 6, 2012
Directed by Jon Hurwitz. Starring Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan, Sean William Scott, Tara Reid, Mena Suvari, Chris Klein, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Eugene Levy and pretty much everyone else from the original film.
This is an odd teaser as it’s not really a teaser. It’s more of an iMovie slide show. And while I get that they’re going for the nostalgia thing, I’m not sure this is enough to elicit it. Though it’s on its way there. Peculiar that they’d go for the whole sentimental thing up front. I guess they’re banking on people having fond memories for these characters. Whether they actually do is undetermined.
(via EW.com, Trailer Addict)
First Photo: American [Pie] Reunion | People
More Set Photos from AMERICAN REUNION | Collider
Set photo: American Reunion
"Remember the pact? Here we are over 10yrs later. Crazy. #AmericanReunion" -Thomas Ian Nicholas on Twitter
Not often do you seen an entire original cast sign on for a fourth film, ten years later. Then again Alyson Hannigan was probably the only truly busy cast member.
Production is slated to start next month with Jason Biggs, Sean William Scott, Alyson Hannigan, and Chris Klein all set to return and Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg (Harold and Kumar) writing and directing. But negotiations are still going on with Thomas Ian Nicholas, Tara Reid, Mena Suvari and Jennifer Coolidge.
That must be a stressful production office.
The scoop comes from What’s Playing.
- The film will center around the gang’s ten-year high school reunion.
- Oz (Chris Klein) is a big shot with a Malibu mansion and a girlfriend who seems to be a gold-digger.
- Heather (Mena Suvari) is dating a middle-aged surgeon who tries to act younger than his age.
- Stifler‘s (Seann William Scott) life has gone down the drain — he’s unhappily working as a temp, and isn’t getting laid much. He avoids going to the reunion. At one point, he sleeps with Laurie, a “former hottie” who’s gained weight.
- Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas) is an “international traveler” and will be scoring with Trish, a bartender who used to go to band camp with Michelle.
- Stifler’s Mom (Jennifer Coolidge), the original MILF, will be making an appearance.
- Jim (Jason Biggs) is still married to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), but his next-door neighbor has a crush on him — and her long-term boyfriend isn’t happy about it. Meanwhile, his sex tape with Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth) has gone viral on YouTube.
What’s Playing also says that the storyline is “very funny” and “seems to embody the heart that was present in the first film but missing in the sequels.”
So yes it will be their reunion. Makes sense. The plot points seem sketchy and not that great. Except for Jim and Nadia’s sex tape going viral. That’s genius and completely true-to-life both now and a reflection of how cutting edge that scene was ten years ago.