Back in the day we used to stroll the aisles of Blockbuster for hours trying to find the perfect movie to watch, only to proclaim in frustration that everything there was crap. Today, we have podcasts who do this for us.
From the co-creator of beloved Netflix-recommendation web video show Whatcha Gonna Queue, Jim Rohner, comes Queue the Day, a brand new weekly podcast in which you are sure to hear about amazing, little-known movie recs that you can watch right now, from guys who know shit about movies and will help you out in a witty and informative way.
It gets the official PCB stamp of approval, so no more complaining.
The premiere episode of a new podcast recommending the best in streaming video content. There are things on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Beeblebrox, Balrog, and all the other streaming services that you should be watching. We help you queue the day. See? Hosted by Jim Rohner (@nolanfixesteeth) and Geoff Gresh (@geoffgresh). Visit us on the Internets at http://queuetheday.com.
Direct link to this week’s podcast (mp3).
Selected Films Discussed in This Episode:
- The Innkeepers (Rent on Vudu) (Rent on Amazon)
- Frontline: Inside the Meltdown (Stream on Netflix) (Stream/Buy on Amazon)
- Too Big to Fail (Watch on HBO Go) (Download the HBO Go iOS app)
- Overboard (Stream on Netflix) (Rent/Buy on Amazon)
- The Boondock Saints (Stream on Netflix) (Rent/Buy on Amazon)
- Overnight (Queue the DVD on Netflix)
- Groundhog Day (Stream for free on Crackle) (Buy on Amazon)
Further Watching & Reading:
- Ti West on piracy and indie film distribution: “Shoplifters of the World Unite” (via IndieWire)
- Films by Ti West available on Netflix Instant: The House of the Devil, Trigger Man, Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever
- Film School Rejects: Redbox Moves to Take Over the Home Video Market
- GigaOm: With Viacom deal, Amazon looks like a real competitor to Netflix (via theVideoUprising)
Subscribe to Queue The Day in your podcast player of choice. Please? Thank you.