Plans for a massive $25 million studio have been halted. Fallon’s current home, Studio 6B, will get a $5 million makeover instead.
|—||Conan breaks silence on Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno | EW|
|—||Jay Leno’s monologue: ‘Jimmy, don’t let it slip into sixth’ | EW|
|—||Jimmy Fallon thanks fans, stays focused on ‘Late Night’ | Inside TV | EW|
The change will occur after the 2014 Winter Olympics and the show will move to New York. Lorne Michaels is also taking over as EP.
But Mr. Leno said in an interview: “The main difference between this and the other time is I’m part of the process. The last time the decision was made without me. I came into work one day and — you’re out.” He added that this time around, “There really aren’t any complications like there were the last time. This time it feels right.”
Creating that feeling was the stated aim of Steve Burke, the chief executive of NBC Universal, who took a lead role in the current change effort to insure that Mr. Leno would receive full respect for his contributions to the network.
“Clearly our goal has been to make this a smooth transition,” Mr. Burke said in a telephone interview. “Jay deserves to be treated like someone who has done a wonderful thing for our company for two decades.”
RIP Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, only the good die young. The Roots and the entire Late Night staff better go to Tonight.
Watch: Jimmy Fallon & Jay Leno Address “Tonight Show” Rumors with “Tonight” Duet (by latenight)
Lights Camera Jackson is the worst.
I hope he goes to film school and his professors tear him to pieces.
Louis CK on The Tonight Show last night.
REMINDER: Season 2 of Louie premieres tonight on FX at 10:30 pm.
Why does he have to get good guests?! I’m confused and torn now. Stop playing with my emotions Leno.
- Monday, March 1 – Guests include Jamie Foxx, Olympic Gold Medal Skier Lindsey Vonn and a musical performance by Brad Paisley
- Tuesday, March 2 – Guests include Sarah Palin, Olympic Gold Medal Snowboarder Shaun White
- Wednesday, March 3 – “Jaywalk All-Stars” with the Cast of “Jersey Shore,” Chelsea Handler, the most decorated American Winter Olympian of all time Speed Skater Apolo Anton Ohno and a musical performance by Avril Lavigne
- Thursday, March 4 – Guests include Matthew McConaughey and Jason Reitman
- Friday, March 5 – Guests include Morgan Freeman and Meredith Vieira
- Monday, March 8 – Guests include Simon Cowell
- Tuesday, March 9 – Guests include Christoph Waltz, Animal Expert Dave Salmoni and a musical performance by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Wednesday, March 10 – Guests include Kristen Stewart and Guy Fieri
- Thursday, March 11 – Guests include Dana Carvey and Kim Kardashian, with a musical performance by Colbie Caillat
- Friday, March 12 – Guests include Dakota Fanning and Judd Apatow
Multiple sources are bringing to us news that even long time sidekick Kevin Eubanks is jumping the Jay Leno shipwreck. But wait there’s more!
St. Louis NBC affiliate KSDK claims that former Hootie and the Blowfish front man Darius Rucker might replace him, which can’t possibly be true.
Hootie! Eubanks will be on Jay’s March 1st return to Tonight but supposedly not there after.
What’s left of [Conan’s] Tonight Show Studio as of Friday, February 5th.
This is straight up sad.
Flag on me with CoCo tonight! Going on Friday’s Big Show. What WILL happen? Tune in. Hanx
The show will also feature Conan’s very first guest, Will Ferrel. You won’t want to miss the culmination of what has become monumental television history.
This is just awful. I blame Leno, here’s what WWTTD has to say…
Aren’t these the same people who fired Leno when he was in first place? And then put him on at 10, on a show that is in last place by a mile every single night, thus giving Conan no lead in? Shouldn’t they be the ones who get fired? The shows on NBC couldn’t be any worse unless they got the girl from ‘the Ring’ to crawl out of the screen and kill the viewers.